Become a Retail Produce Partner
The Co-op Partners Warehouse team is your partner in supplying exceptional organic product to happy customers. We pride ourselves on dependable service and solutions that put you and your business first.
- Exceptional quality, meets the highest product standards
- Consistently delicious, superior flavor. Produce is our passion, so everything we sell, we love.
- Available for twice daily delivery
- Effective point-of-difference to your department among competitors
- On any given day, there are 250-350 fresh organic produce items stocked in our warehouse
- Willingness to develop custom programs and promotions
- Grown locally by over 35 farmers we’ve nurtured long-term relationships with as champions in the local food community.
- Sourced additionally from small, family farms throughout the nation for non-local produce
- We support fair-trade and work closely with international companies to help grow their business
Get to know Rick, our Produce Buyer
How many years have you been a produce buyer? Yikes, 28 years of experience as a buyer, 40 years total (including other roles) with co-op distributors.
What makes working for CPW unique or special? We have a very unique, farmer friendly, truly alternative distribution system that CPW helped initiate and continues to develop. I see our mandate as both serving the retailers and food-service customers with great food AND serving conscientious farmers in innovative ways that benefit both. We partner with regional farmers and provide a means to market their product that includes, but also goes well beyond the usual “buy and resell” function of a traditional wholesaler. My job is to get the best produce from the best local farmers and farms a long ways away, and to make sure that the relationships are respectful and sustainable in all directions.
What are the most satisfying things about your role in the produce industry? When I take a step back from the circus that organic produce seems to put on every day, it is very gratifying to see the remarkable system that we have created for local farms. I am grateful that I had a chance to do what I could to make it happen. I think that being a stable, dependable player in the game has had a positive impact for small farms that I deal with, both regionally and beyond.
For New Account Inquiries
Contact Christa Sorenson, Outside Sales Manager, at email@example.com